Saturday, May 19, 2012


 Mad Scientist Party
The party was a surprise for a Science Teacher 
who was turning 70. 

This is one party we were really excited about, 
but ended up kind of stressed about in the end.  
There are just SO many ideas for a Scientist party that it got a bit overwhelming for us and we wanted to do more and more.  :) 
 
So here is what we did do:

I had a poster made of the Birthday guest and attached it to a large piece of foam board I had painted black. 
This made a great focal point in the room which was a school library. 
It says "Goodrich's Einstein = 70"
  
 
One of the beakers.  
I had wanted it to look a bit like the beaker was overflowing or the smoke coming out of it..guess you could get somewhat of that idea with the way it turned out. {i think}
 
 Part of the food table here is showing the Toxic Waste Punch which was Mountain Dew, Fresca, Pineapple Juice and Lime Sherbert.  Severed fingers which were cute little butter cookies shaped liked a finger and dipped in raspberry jam so they would be "bloody".  
Also showing is the dish of test tube favors.
 

The test tube favors were filled with Pop Rocks and I attached a tag saying "open with caution" "Mr. Anderson's 70th Birthday Experiment".



The Periodic Table of Elements in all it's sweetness!  
These cookies were made and decorated by Amy. 
Each cookie is about 2" x 2". 


 
  The Skeleton Veggie tray did not turn out as well as I would have liked it too.  The tray was too small, the mushrooms were gross (but that's mushrooms for you) and there were not really that many veggies ON the tray. There was a bowl of "spare body parts"  on the table also.  The head is made of cabbage that was carved out to fit a bowl inside which was filled with dip.


The "Agar".  This was apricot and pineapple jello with lime jello dotted on top. 

Scenes from "the Lab"....
The specimen jars just waiting for the snakes, flies, grasshoppers, hands, eyeballs, and other icky things.


One of the games that my Sister-in-Law put together.  This one on the Periodic Table of Elements.
The smaller game showing was papers that had different scientific things printed on them and you put them on the backs of the guests and try to find out "who" or "what" you are.  Another game she did was trying to guess the item in a picture that was an extreme close up.  


 I must share the story of this Beaker.  I had so carefully cut out and painted this Beaker and was actually quite proud of it.  
Amy took one look at it and said it looking NOTHING like a Beaker.  
Ok, so after picking myself up I restyled my not so good Beaker into the 2nd picture and I will say, it does look better.  
Sometimes I guess I just don't have a clue what I am doing, so thank goodness for people that do!!




 So, there you have it....a taste of our Mad Scientist Party.  If you even considered this theme I would encourage you to do it!  It is alot of fun.  
I found alot of ideas online which were very helpful.


4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute party idea! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fin idea for a party! I love your blog name too! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you will stop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute idea!!! found you via the blog hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of amazing ideas! I love the Agar dishes:) Just visiting from the May Blog Hop and am now following you. I would also love to invite you to link this up to Freedom Fridays Blog Hop.

    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    PS Check out my May 24th post where I am co hosting Katherine's Corner Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. TWO Parties, one place! So hoping to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...